Key Stage 1 / EYFS Teacher
BSM will appoint for August 2020 a Key Stage 1/EYFS Teacher who is reflective, innovative, enthusiastic, highly motivated, committed to well-being and learning-focused.
We follow the National Curriculum of England for English and Maths. Alongside this we have specialist taught subjects and Project-based Learning units that drive our vision and mission aspiration of developing students as global citizens. These units are concept-based, authentic, challenging and develop learning skills, understandings and values that we hope will enable students to be able and willing to contribute positively to their world to make it sustainable, peaceful and fair.
Location: Manila, Philippines
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed-Term
The successful candidate:
- Holds an appropriate degree and teaching qualification.
- Understand and utilises the Collaborative Norms.
- Has a sense of humour.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dedication to a well-being and learning culture through:
- Having high expectations for students’ learning and personal development, ensuring they flourish through application and effort.
- Being an outstanding, experienced practitioner, who is passionate about learning and can challenge and motivate students, whilst demonstrating a clear understanding of cognitive science and phonics teaching.
- Having a commitment to a holistic education that develops skills, concepts and understandings.
- Using high quality assessment practices to provide rich feedback that promotes learning.
- Nurturing positive and supportive relationships with students where they have a strong sense of self acceptance and belonging, feel comfortable taking risks and are empowered to drive their own learning.
- Valuing and investing in the well-being of all in our community.
- Collaborating with teams across the school where practice is innovative, progressive and grounded in current research.
- Contributing to the wider life of the school, including the broad co-curricular programme.
- Modelling exemplary relationships within the school and the wider community to impact positively and sustainably on the lives of others.
We can offer:
- Highly motivated, engaged and enthusiastic students
- A school with a real sense of community
- A school that is focused on learning
- An inclusive team of motivated and dedicated teachers and support staff
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- And, it's more fun in the Philippines (https://itsmorefuninthephilippines.co.uk/)
BSM follows Child Protection and Safeguarding policies in line with UK standards; all successful candidates will be required to submit a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate upon appointment.
To apply, please send your application letter, CV and a recent photo to: email@example.com
Please refer to www.britishschoolmanila.org for more information about the school.
Closing date for applications: 29 November 2019
Interviews will be held during December and January 2019