Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th February (early applications are encouraged)
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team
“Good in all areas” - Ofsted May 2017
We are seeking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Leader. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new school, work with brand new facilities and for you to grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
The successful individual will benefit from support from the Headteacher, dedicated phase leader release time and the opportunity to lead a team with responsibility for 180 children.
New Horizons Children’s Academy opened in September 2014 with only four classes, we have now grown to deliver a fantastic education to over 600 children from the local community and we will be growing until 2020. Our classrooms are brand new and we have many exciting opportunities for teachers who are keen to develop their career.
What you will get from New Horizons Children’s Academy:
- Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our trust
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other 4 Medway Primary Schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities, particularly through the New Horizons Teaching School’s alliance, which also offers a great support network for our staff
- Brand new facilities - the school building offers lots of space and intervention and breakout areas, we also have three playgrounds and a 3G pitch
- Free parking in our large staff carpark
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – conveniently located on our school site
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
As part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we benefit from working cohesively as a family of schools for the benefit of our children, and for the adults who work here too. The Trust supports with planning, trips, events, CPD and much more to ensure that all of our teachers are fully supported, enabling them to ensure that they can deliver the best learning that we can offer.
Our mission is to “transform life chances”; at The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we believe education has the power to change lives and children only have one chance to get this right. To ensure all our academies focus on our mission school leaders translated our mission to core values that would be demonstrated and evident in all our Academies:
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you will need to succeed:
QTS and excellent knowledge / experience of teaching
- Recent experience of working within a Primary setting
- Dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding practice, along with high expectations for yourself and the children
We want to employ teachers who are a great team member and are keen to seek CPD, an aspiring leader of learning and be happy to grasp exciting opportunities and contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our new school.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a brand new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to call our Office Manager, Kerry Masters, to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.