Oryx International School is owned by Qatar Airways and operated by Orbital Education for the children of Qatar Airways employees. The school opened its doors in 2016 and is now relocating to Barwa City where a purpose built, state of the art school is being constructed.
The school has committed, passionate and motivated stake-holders that have the students at the center of everything we do.
We offer the rigour, breadth and balance of the English National Curriculum which will ensure all of our students from the 50 different nationalities will achieve success in the classroom, in one of the many laboratories, on the sports field, in the swimming pool, in the music room or on the stage of our 600 seat auditorium.
If you want to join our amazing team at Oryx International, and we hope you do, you will need to be
· An experienced teacher in your field
· Able to offer at least one extra-curricular activity
· Totally committed to helping your students to achieve success
In return you will be very well compensated and have many opportunities to develop as an educationalist and as a person.
Primary School Teacher - KS1
Due to growth of the school we are looking for applications from enthusiastic, hard-working and talented teachers who wish to develop their teaching career in an international setting. If successful, you would be joining a very supportive committed group of professionals with a mix of young and more experienced teachers.
You will be working in a five star environment in a brand new, purpose built school. The classrooms, laboratories, studios, sports facilities and auditorium are all state of the art and it’s unlikely you will have worked in such a facility. The Primary School is designed and built for 6 classes in each year group. Each block of 12 classes has dedicated teacher work room where you can do your PPA. The workrooms have all got desks, lockable lockers and access to printers. When you’re doing your PPA your students will be taught by specialist teachers for music, PE and Spanish.
All classrooms have the latest Interactive Touch Screen Boards and easy access to carefully landscaped indoor and outdoor play areas. As well as you own amazing work environment you will be encouraged and expected to make use of all the specialist rooms throughout the school.
We place a lot of importance on stage as well as age, so we are interested in hearing from teachers with a wide range of experience of all Stages of Learning. If you have teaching experience of more than one Key Stage we are keen to hear from you.
Our teachers need to be creative, caring and passionate about children’s learning. Our classrooms are active and our students participate in their learning.
As most of our students do not have English as their mother tongue we place a lot of emphasis on speaking, listening and learning to read. Experience of teaching phonics will be necessary to work in Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2.
All applications must be made on the TES Application System
1. Complete all questions on the Online Application Form.
2. Supporting statement should be no less than 500 words and no more than 1000 words, and should relate directly to the specific role applied for and cover:
· your motivation for working in education
· A brief description of the philosophy of education which shapes your particular style of teaching
· what attracts you to the position
· how you feel your experience, skills and personal qualities qualify you to take on the role with details of any unique teaching methods or techniques that you have developed or employ
· what extra-curricular activities you can lead, supervise or have participated in
· any other information you would like the selection panel to know
Incomplete applications will not be considered and that applications will be acknowledged on receipt, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with the outcome of their application.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the school, Oryx International School reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interviews will take place via Skype or face-to-face in Doha.
Oryx International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.