Devonshire House Preparatory School
A Thriving I.A.P.S. Co-Educational School for children from 2½ to 13
Required for September 2018
Key Stage 1 Classroom Teacher
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for this role.
Salary in range of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
Deadline for applications 04 February 2018
Devonshire House Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Devonshire House Preparatory School is an equal opportunities employer. If the candidate has lived in a country other than the UK for a period of 3 months or more since the age of 18, a foreign criminal policy check will be required irrespective of whether they worked in those countries.
- To teach the full curriculum to class or classes specified in years 1-3, as agreed with the Deputy Head of the Junior School. Years 2-3 are set by ability in Maths/English.
- To prepare schemes of work, termly plans and weekly lesson plans for his or her specialist subject linking to the National Curriculum at the appropriate levels as indicated by the Devonshire House Syllabus.
- To liaise with other teachers in parallel classes to ensure consistency across the curriculum.
- To teach lessons at the times stipulated on the school timetable.
- To maintain order and good discipline among pupils and safeguard their health and safety.
- To set, mark and record work to be done in school and for homework.
- To carry out all other duties, in and out of the classroom, including out of school activities and outings, care of the environment, display and overall care.
- To make regular assessments of pupils’ attainment and progress.
- To write reports on pupils’ attainment and progress twice per year.
- To attend parents’ evenings to discuss pupils’ progress with parents.
- To coordinate a subject in the Junior School in collaboration with Head of Department in Upper School.
Full Job Description attached.