Nord Anglia International School Dubai opened to students in September 2014. Our new greenfield school in Dubai is a prestigious development for Nord Anglia Education. The building has been constructed to meet the latest principles of educational design. It boasts excellent facilities including a state-of-the-art auditorium, large well lit open plan art studios, craft centres, dark rooms, theatre spaces, and galleries. The latest technologies to support a contemporary approach to learning are available in all classrooms and to all students. Our students have access to excellent language labs and up-to-date equipment, while younger children begin their journey at a dedicated Early Years Centre. The school also has outdoor sports facilities, a swimming pool and three dining rooms. It has been built as a nurturing environment for students, as well as the next generation of athletes, statesmen, thespians and musicians. To learn more about our school, please visit www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/dubai
As a qualified KS1 teacher, you will be familiar with the National Curriculum of England and have experience of delivering up to exam level in the British system. You will be an excellent communicator who gets on well with colleagues, students, parents, technology and change. Amongst other things, you will be well organised, have a good sense of humour and want to develop opportunities for students in and out of the classroom, providing opportunities for participation and the promotion of excellence.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Lead the school into a new IB era
- Use teaching methods which will engage students and stimulate pupils’ intellectual curiosity including the use of effective questioning, clear presentation and good use of resources
- Set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining an outstanding standard of behaviour management through well focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships in accordance with the rules and behaviour policy of the school
- Identify clear teaching objectives, content, structures and sequences of lessons appropriate to the educational needs of the pupils in his/her class to ensure progress is made
- Set appropriate, realistic yet demanding expectations for pupils’ learning, building on prior attainment/knowledge
- Know how to prepare and present informative reports to parents in a professional manner based upon monitoring procedures adhered to within the school
- Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy as relevant to their own department and mainstream departments
Interact on a professional level with colleagues and seek to establish and maintain productive relationships in order to promote mutual understanding of the school curriculum with the aim of improving the quality of teaching and learning in the school
- Select appropriate resources which enable teaching objectives to be met by all learners and achieve the best possible outcomes
The successful candidate will benefit from the career and development opportunities that come with being part of the world’s leading premium schools organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online forum which harnesses the collective expertise of their peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our team don’t just maintain their skills and expertise, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive package. You will have the opportunity to live in and work in one of the worlds' most vibrant cities.
The closing date for application is 23rd November 2017. Interviews will be conducted through Skype
Start date: 7th January 2018