The British School of Vilnius is the first choice for families seeking an English National Curriculum education complete with its ethos and values. The school is the first in Vilnius to offer this curriculum and is located in a stunning area of the city. BSV is a truly British international school in every sense. With a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart, BSV is relentless in its pursuit for excellence. The position presents an exciting opportunity, allowing the applicant to play an important role in the development of a world class international school as it moves into secondary education. Working at BSV is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Key Stage 2 and 3 English Teacher
The British School of Vilnius is looking to appoint an exceptional Key Stage 2 and 3 teacher to join our talented team. Reporting to the Headmaster, you will become part of a highly dedicated team, with the collective responsibility of continuing the initial academic direction of the school. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We’re looking for the right blend of energy, enthusiasm and experience, and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation as well as ensuring consistency and continuity. Given that the school is opening its first secondary classes, flexibility and positivity will be key factors in your approach. Please refer to the teacher job description for detailed requirements, roles and responsibilities.
Teachers will be expected to:
• Relentlessly pursue outstanding performance for all students, both personally, socially and academically.
• Collaborate with other teachers to achieve collective accountability.
• Ensure the classroom is a well-organised, efficient and an effective hive of purposeful activity.
• Participate in a culture of professional learning.
• Engage in active communication with parents and other important stakeholders.
• Promote our Mission through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
• Possess a creative and pragmatic approach, collaborating on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
• Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking, helping to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
• Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
• Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
• Develop the English program as it moves into KS3.
As an English school specialising in the English National Curriculum to a diverse international student population, strong English language is an essential requirement and applications from native-level speakers of English will be preferred.
We are offering a competitive salary and benefit package to successful candidates. If you are internationally minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Living and Working in Vilnius
Vilnius is cozy and easy to navigate with all the buzz of a contemporary European capital. Both compact and bustling, Vilnius offers the work-life balance you deserve. A world-class business environment and infrastructure, lively arts and culture scene, charming UNESCO-listed Old Town and a city so green you may feel like you live in a forest – all less than a 3-hour flight from most places in Europe.
Applications should be made by e-mail and include a covering letter addressed to Mr. Andrew Prosser, Headmaster, along with a recent colour photograph and an updated CV including the details of three referees, one of whom must be your most recent employer. Interested applicants should review the job profile and person specification, and ensure their covering letter highlights how their experience, knowledge and skills match those of the ideal candidate.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: The closing date for applications is Friday 26th February 2021. The school reserves the right to appoint before this deadline if the right candidate is found so early applications are recommended. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone/Video conference for a brief conversation with Mr Andrew Prosser, Headmaster.
Final interviews will be held in the week beginning 8th March 2021. If you have not been contacted by this date, please assume that, on this occasion, your application has not been shortlisted.
The British school of Vilnius is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of its staff and stakeholders to share this commitment.
The British School of Vilnius places the highest priority on all matters relating to safeguarding. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Those who have worked internationally must also provide equivalent clear criminal record certificates for each country.
This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared. We operate an equal opportunities policy.
The British School of Vilnius
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years