International School Seychelles are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Key Stage 2 teacher to help us enrich delivery of English across the section. We are looking to appoint well-qualified, enthusiastic and creative teachers of English language from Year 3 through to Year 6 for an August 2020 start. Applicants should possess a commitment to helping children achieve high academic standards in a lively and engaging manner, whilst integrating differentiation and a range of learning styles into their daily practice.
Our curriculum is dynamic and innovative but is broadly based on the English National Curriculum. For iGCSE and A Level our students take the Cambridge International exams. Experience in international settings is welcome as is experience in multi-lingual environments and the skills necessary to teach a range of abilities.
The International School Seychelles is a co-educational non-profit making organisation. The school has over 900 children from ages 3-18, the majority from Seychellois families and a large minority from thirty different nationalities. The school follows the English National Curriculum leading to the Cambridge IGCSE and A Levels. The medium of instructions in all classes is English.
As Teacher of English, you will be responsible for:
• Delivering the UK Curriculum for students of Year 3 till Year 6. This includes English Language and Literature following the British National Curriculum.
• Fulfilling the daily duties of a classroom teacher, including monitoring of students’ work, delivering engaging and challenging lessons and contributing to department meetings.
• Communicating with parents via reports and parents evenings which are spread across the year.
• Contributing to the ongoing curriculum development of the department.
You will also be placed as a form tutor in the Primary section, which will require:
• Delivery of the PSHE program
• Monitoring and responding to the developmental needs of your tutor group
The successful candidate will:
• enjoy working with all classes from Year 3 to Year 6
• have a relevant degree from an established university
• have a PGCE/QTS or equivalent
• have an excellent working knowledge of KS2 and the primary curriculum
• be a great communicator, capable of effective team-teaching and inspiring colleagues
• have experience of working with children who have English as an additional language
• love teaching all strands of the English curriculum
What we offer:
The International School Seychelles offers a package to expatriate workers, which includes:
• Flights to and from country of origin at start and end of contract
• Assistance finding accommodation
• A salary enhanced by a relocation allowance, an accommodation allowance as well as qualification-based allowances depending on the candidate
• A generous end-of-contract gratuity bonus
• A working environment which empowers teachers to take ownership of their classroom delivery
• Paperwork and administration is kept to the absolute essentials, leaving our teachers time to focus on the classroom
• Life in an internationally recognized location of unparalleled natural beauty
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter, a recent photograph, current and expected CTC to firstname.lastname@example.org