The Rookeries Carleton Junior, Infant and Nursery School would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Key Stage 2 Leader.
The School is looking for an experienced and motivated teacher who will be able to join our dedicated, hardworking team of highly effective practitioners. It is expected that the successful candidate will be an integral part of the School Leadership Team.
The Rookeries Junior, Infant and Nursery School is a proud member of The Pontefract Academies Trust. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of eight schools as we strive to improve the education and aspirations of pupils in Pontefract.
As part of the Pontefract Academies Trust, The Rookeries benefits from a close and rewarding relationship with other schools in the area through network and moderation meetings, peer visits and the sharing of good practice. These links, alongside our enthusiastic and willing pupils, enable us to offer the successful candidate a supportive and creative environment in which to work.
What we are looking for:
• A collaborative and ambitious individual who will lead the phase through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies and the use of technology
• A highly effective classroom practitioner, who leads by example, motivates and inspires others and enjoys making a significant individual contribution
• An enthusiastic, committed and knowledgeable teacher to support whole school improvement
• A teacher with excellent subject knowledge
• A creative and enthusiastic teacher who can develop innovative teaching and learning strategies
• A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the pupils.
The successful candidate will also have highly effective numeracy & literacy skills. At all times, they will maintain the welfare & safety of the children as their priority.
In return, we can offer you a friendly and supportive school community, an enthusiastic and forward-thinking leadership team, and a commitment to appropriate professional development opportunities.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged by contacting the administration team on 01977 600368.
The closing date for applications is Monday 23rd April 2018 at 10am.
To obtain an applicant pack:
Visit the Trust’s website: www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk
Telephone: 01977 707342