Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Key Stage 2 Special Education Needs Teacher / Key Stage 2 SEN Teacher / KS2 Special Education Needs Teacher / KS2 SEN Teacher to work on a long-term basis with a special school based in North East London. The Key Stage 2 Special Education Needs Teacher / Key Stage 2 SEN Teacher / KS2 Special Education Needs Teacher / KS2 SEN Teacher is required full time from April 2018. With an International reputation for training, curriculum and expertise, the school is spread over three campuses to accommodate different age groups (3-19) and needs. The school is part of an academy trust, which provides support, training and resources for other educational settings to improve the way they cater for their students with special educational needs and visual impairment.
About the Role
· Key Stage 2 Special Education Needs Teacher / Key Stage 2 SEN Teacher / KS2 Special Education Needs Teacher / KS2 SEN Teacher
· Full time, temporary
· Starting from April 2018
· 6-8 students in class
· 1 senior TA and 1 general TA in class
· Daily rate from £130 per day (depending on experience)
About the School
· Caters for students aged between 3-19 years old with special educational needs including ASD and complex needs
· Rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED
· Part of an academy trust
· Non-religious, non-selective school
· Split into three sites, each providing tailored teaching and learning for the specific group of pupils
In order to be considered for this role, the Key Stage 2 Special Education Needs Teacher / Key Stage 2 SEN Teacher / KS2 Special Education Needs Teacher / KS2 SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold QTS
· Previous experience working in SEN schools
· Previous experience working with KS1 – KS2
· Understand P-Levels
· Strong behaviour management and patience
· Able to plan and deliver lessons to a high standard including sensory sessions
· Able communicator as well as proficient at PECS
· Proven experience supporting students of non-verbal is desirable
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Strong understanding of broad SEN knowledge desirable
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number FRA30529.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.