Key Stage 2 Specialist Teacher of Mathematics and Computing, with the opportunity to teach Games, at Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School
Surbiton High Boys’ Preparatory School is part of United Learning, a large and growing group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance. We reward our staff: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately the satisfaction of supporting schools in their quest to give every child the opportunity to succeed and reach their full potential.
To inspire, encourage and empower our boys to achieve their very best in the subjects of Mathematics, Computing and Games
- Teach an agreed number of periods within the Mathematics, Computing and Sports departments
- Be a Form Teacher as well as teach subjects as required to a class of pupils, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher
- Create a challenging and stimulating learning climate that will motivate pupils to learn, think independently, take risks, empathise with others, and perform to the best of their abilities.
- Be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace through differentiated planning and teaching
- Promote the use of Digital Learning Technologies to support pupil achievement.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment through display, that is routinely maintained
- Track and monitor pupil progress and achievement within the subject area across all Key Stages, using baseline data.
- Promote the use of target-setting and high quality pupil feedback to inform teaching and learning strategies.
- Documented planning for the short, medium and long term
- Be committed to the personal development of the pupils in the form and take responsibility for their welfare and social well-being
- Develop effective professional relationships with pupils, colleagues and parents
- Keep the Head fully informed of any significant developments concerning any pupil in the form
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification including QTS (QTS desirable but not essential)
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- Experience of delivering on academic performance at 11+
- Experience of teaching National Curriculum at KS2
- Appropriate coaching qualifications in a range of sports
- A specialism in Maths and Computing would be an advantage
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- A proven track record of delivering on sporting performance
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1180561?cid=1567
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.