WETHERBY PREPARATORY SCHOOL
MARYLEBONE – W1
Boys’ School (7 – 13 years, 400 on roll). Independent Preparatory (IAPS)
KEY STAGE 2 TEACHER
We seek to recruit, for September 2021, either an existing Key Stage 2 class teacher or a talented practitioner who would like to develop their career in this direction – specialism in Maths and/or English would be an advantage. Applications are welcome from those with appropriate independent or maintained sector experience, including secondary schools. Outstanding Newly Qualified Teachers may be considered.
Remuneration: Alpha Plus Group Salary Scale
Please view the school website for more information about the school and to download the application form and view the job description.
Please email applications firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Wetherby Preparatory School, Bryanston Square, London W1H 2EA – 020 7535 3520
Closing date for applications: 26 February 2021
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be responded to.
Alpha Plus Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee of APG you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our pupils’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
WETHERBY PREPARATORY SCHOOL
KEY STAGE 2 TEACHER
Responsible to: Headteacher, Senior Management Team (SMT)
The post holder will be a member of the teaching staff at Wetherby Preparatory School and will hold responsibility for delivering the Key Stage 2 curriculum to year groups 4-6 as delegated by the Headteacher.
2. Main Responsibilities
• To prepare schemes of work and adhere to the School syllabuses for the Year 4-6 curriculum.
• To attend curriculum meetings with respect to the Year 4-6 curriculum.
• Teach a range of subjects including Mathematics, English, Science, Geography, History, RS, Reasoning and PSHE.
• To organise and/or assist with any residential field trips and day visits to local sites of educational interest.
• To ensure appropriate textbooks and related equipment is ordered and maintained in conjunction with the SMT.
• To use interesting, inspiring and innovative displays.
• To attend INSET as required by the SMT.
• To attend Staff Meetings, Parents’ Evenings and any other functions as required by the SMT.
• To undertake a certain amount of administration and other tasks related to the post either at the direction of the SMT or by using his/her initiative.
• To play a full part in the life of the School and to undertake pastoral/supervisory duties as required.
• Abide by the objectives and targets of the school, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
• Fulfil personal requirements where appropriate with regard to school policies and procedures, particularly safeguarding, health and safety, equal opportunities, customer care and promotion of the school’s core values.
• To attend any other meetings deemed appropriate to the post.
• To write reports on the boys in his/her care.
• To carry out any additional duties which may from time to time be required by the SMT.
• To exercise appropriate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality in the carrying out of all duties described above.
• To teach all boys to the best of his/her ability at all times
• To attend any such courses deemed necessary by the SMT for the continuation and improvement of the School and its boys.
• To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest standard and to reflect that high standard in dress and general appearance.
The salary for Key Stage 2 Teacher is set according to the Salary Scale of the Alpha Plus Group. The Alpha Plus Group provides its own private pension scheme for all staff.
(You) have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of boys and young people for whom you are responsible, or with whom you come into contact in the school. It is your responsibility to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times. If at any time you identify any instance that a child or young person is at risk you must report your concerns immediately to the Designated Senior Person or the Head.
Note: This job description is indicative of the duties and responsibilities of the post but does not form part of any contract of employment. All jobs within the school evolve over time and their features vary from year to year.
Wetherby Preparatory School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 7 - 13 years
About Wetherby Preparatory School
Wetherby Preparatory School is an independent, selective day school for boys aged 7 to 13. The prep school first opened in central London in 2004 and has 380 pupils on roll. The school’s motto is “Participes Civitati...