Mesaieed International School – Primary Campus, is a fantastic school with high aspirations for its students, staff and the wider community.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for teachers eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the gas and oil industry. Our school follows the National Curriculum for England underpinned by our vision to provide inspirational teaching which engages and motivates children and enables them to achieve their very best. MIS is a supportive, friendly and enabling environment in which to work where the foundations of our ethos center around the QP values. Our internationally focused school provides education for children from 3 – 18 years of age, with approximately 1100 children representing 30 different nationalities, therefore an ability to adapt your teaching to meet the needs of our children will be essential.
We are looking for a hardworking, inspirational KS2 teacher with recent UK experience and an ambition to be part of a school on the journey to excellence. As an experienced KS2 teacher, you believe in the importance of an enabling environment and excellent planning to support the transition from KS1, continuing to develop individuals as responsive and engaged learners. You understand the vital importance of parents as partners in their child’s education. In return, we offer the opportunity to be a member of a truly collaborative environment where your contributions will be recognised and celebrated. Taking risks will be encouraged and we will provide opportunities for you to both reflect on and develop your pedagogy. We will support you to focus on the most crucial part of your role, providing an outstanding learning experience for all the children in your class.
The successful candidate will love teaching and:
• Have excellent subject knowledge across the curriculum allowing them to facilitate the provision of a challenging and enjoyable experience where children can learn and deepen their understanding
• Create energy and a learning focused climate in their classroom, ensuring children are motivated and confident and constantly prepared to reflect and improve
• Know their class well and are exceptionally skilled at planning and adapting their teaching to meet the needs of every child
• Aspire to promote our vision and the QP values in all their work
• Are continually looking to develop their own practice
• Form positive, proactive partnerships with colleagues and parents
• Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning
• Engage teaching assistants as vital partners in the learning process
• Has knowledge and experience of using RWI, the mastery approach for teaching and learning in mathematics and understanding of assessment tools, e.g. Target Tracker
• Provide a language rich learning environment to ensure rapid English language acquisition for our BML learners
In return for your passion and ensuring a dynamic and high-quality education, successful candidates will be employees of Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and access to sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, detailing how you meet the criteria above, a full CV and a recent photograph.
Disclaimer: Mesaieed International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken relevant safeguarding checks
Mesaieed International School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of age 3 - 17 years
About Mesaieed International School
We are a Qatar Petroleum owned international school that follows the British curriculum. The school currently has 1360 pupils from the ages of 3-18. We have a genuinely comprehensive intake, open to the Mesai...