The London Oratory School invites applicants for the post of Key Stage Two Teacher with possibility of additional pastoral leadership as Housemaster of Junior House in its unique and exciting Junior House. Trad, but quirky, The London Oratory School is amongst the city’s most prestigious Catholic schools. Educating boys from 7 to 18, with girls in the sixth form, it puts a strong emphasis on the Arts, especially music with a liturgical twist – but that’s not all, so do please visit our website for a fuller flavour: www.london-oratory.org!
The Junior House offers a specialist, accelerated music curriculum for pupils, and entrance is selective on aptitude and ability in Music, English and Mathematics. The School is one form entry, currently with twenty pupils per form, ranging from ages 7 to 11, and it enjoys the full use of the senior school facilities for many curriculum subjects. There are 80 boys in Junior House in total. Junior House pupils transition automatically into the senior school at 11. In your application please indicate:
1. If you wish to be considered solely for the KS2 Teacher post
2. If you wish to be considered for both the KS2 Teacher Post and the additional pastoral leadership role of Housemaster
N.B. Internal applicants may wish to be considered solely for the additional pastoral leadership role of Housemaster of Junior House
We are recruiting for an exciting KS2 specialist primary teacher, with scope for a pastoral leadership role, to join our supportive and collegial Common Room. The successful candidate will benefit from, and be able to contribute to, a well-ordered, warm-hearted and highly disciplined school. Whether you are an experienced teacher/pastoral leader, or interested in exploring this as a career avenue, we welcome your application and would be keen to invest in the right candidate. With its specialist musical education, the School puts a premium on music with a liturgical twist and a Catholic character formation programme; it enjoys a strong, warm and deep-rooted community over time.
We invite applicants with primary experience at Key Stage 2 to deliver as an English subject specialist full time, in the Junior House. For those interested, there is scope to be considered for the pastoral leadership role of Housemaster of Junior House. Either way, you will have a strong degree of expertise in the primary education and the pastoral needs of intellectually lively and vibrant young boys, be empathetic and a real energiser, keen to share your enthusiasm for what is possible and a major asset to the School. And, either way, we will give you all the support you need to develop your potential as a first class teacher and pastoral leader!
In addition to first class, tasteful facilities (including on-site parking, a gym and swimming pool) and a highly competitive salary package, here are five reasons as to why you might consider working with us:
1. Our vision: A compelling vision of what a distinctively Catholic education should look like, open to the world and fitting pupils to move through it with panache and confidence;
2. Our pupils: Well-disciplined, switched on, cosmopolitan - and quirky - supported in their growth by skilled staff and a tightly structured pastoral system;
3. Our staff: An intellectually lively and collegial Common Room culture, that supports you in your growth as a subject and pedagogical expert;
4. Our priority: A highly supportive and collegial atmosphere at all levels that values and recognises the great work that teachers do, and the challenges and sacrifices they make to do it. In addition to daily freshly brewed coffee, we also offer full access to staff medical and counselling services, should these be required;
5. Your future: An innovative staff development programme that looks to support you in growing in your vocation, in a School that is keen to think through the implications of cutting edge systems and processes.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted; the School reserves the right to interview before the closing date.
We understand that timing is essential in all successful relationships, and so, if now is less than ideal for you, please do consider putting you CV and details in our ‘drop box’ on the ‘Recruitment’ tab on our website (www.london-oratory.org) and we’ll be sure to keep you in view.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.