Applicatins are invited for the full-time post of Key Stage 2 Teacher at Surbiton High Boys’ Prep Schools. The successful post-holder will be a Form Tutor within Key Stage 2 for the 2021/22 academic year. Applications are warmly invited from candidates with a range of expertise, although maths is a core area that the school is looking to build upon.
The school has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The school is also strong in academic achievement; we achieve good results with our students in all subjects and have many pupils of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve excellent outcomes. The school is highly committed to developing the staff on the team, ensuring that they are supported, encouraged to progress with their careers and empowered to lead on projects within the school environment.
Job Purpose: To inspire, encourage and empower our pupils to achieve their very best, and provide an environment where pupils develop academically and socially in an independent and self-confident way
Tenure: Maternity Cover, full-time
- Teach an agreed number of periods within the Mathematics department
- Teach any other subjects to additional groups and classes as reasonably required, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher
- To provide inspiring educational opportunities for all pupils
- To teach any required subjects to other groups and classes, as reasonably required
- To maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 2 Curriculum and assessment procedures
- To be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace through differentiated planning and teaching
- To use a range of ICT equipment and software appropriate to the year group
- To conduct yourself in an appropriate professional manner at all times, supporting and fostering the aims and safeguarding policies of the School.
- To be prepared to take on the role of Form Tutor, which will encompass academic, pastoral and administrative responsibilities. Tutors have oversight of their tutees’ general well-being and academic progress, and they are the first point of contact for parents.
- To contribute, as appropriate, to departmental policies, schemes of work, digital learning and other resources as well as development planning.
- To attend relevant CPD training each year.
- To participate in the annual performance review, appraisal and development programme.
- To uphold the School’s code of conduct and the values of Surbiton High School.
- To attend formal parents’ evenings and maintain effective communication with parents, as appropriate.
- To mark entrance papers and occasional vacancy entrance exams, as required
- To support colleagues as necessary and cooperatively to work as part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET.
- To undertake duties before, during and after school as required.
- To participate in co-curricular school activities including clubs and residential field trips.
- To attend school functions as required.
- To keep the Head fully informed of any significant developments concerning any pupil in the form.
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested.
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree
- A postgraduate teaching qualification including QTS, would be an advantage
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- This role would suit an experienced Teacher of Mathematics with excellent knowledge of the curriculum and understanding of Maths teaching throughout the age range
- A good up to date knowledge of the KS2 Curriculum, including National Curriculum and ISEB
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues in a successful and dynamic school
- Experience of teaching to the 11+ test is desirable
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues
- Up-to-date knowledge of successful and innovative teaching and the latest curriculum developments and initiatives
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and an ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- High standards of personal presence and presentation and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate concisely and sensitively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for applications: 8:00am, Monday 27 September 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 4 October 2021
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High Boys' Preparatory School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Boys school with students of age 4 - 11 years
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...