OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
Key Stage 3 Coordinator for Science
Outer London Main / Upper Pay Scale + TLR 2B
Required from September 2019
Do you want to be part of a Science Department that are a supportive, committed and experienced team who take pride in delivering innovative and enjoyable lessons to inspire a love of science?
We are seeking to appoint a talented and engaging KS3 Coordinator for Science to join our innovative team. The department operates in a fully consultative and supportive manner and there is a strong sense of collegiality.
The successful candidate will:
- Current knowledge of curriculum developments and issues in subject area
- Understanding of the development of study skills, independent learning and assessment
- Proven record of promoting high student achievement
- High level learning and teaching skills
- The ability to motivate and inspire both staff and students
- The ability to delegate and consult effectively
- Very good organisational and management skills
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Ms Rockson, Team Leader for Science about the role and working at Oaks Park High School.
In joining us you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 9 am on Wednesday 22nd May. Interviews will take place on Friday 24 May and will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).