KS3 Coordinator of Science
Full time / NQT/MPS/UPS + TLR
Northampton Academy is searching for a Key stage 3 Coordinator within Science to continue our journey towards becoming an outstanding academy.
Our academy is transformational for young people and was judged 'Good' in all areas in February 2016. We are also a Leading Edge school.
We serve a diverse and vibrant community and you guarantee that no two days will be the same. We will provide a comprehensive induction and support package and you will have access to a well-developed NQT induction programme. All staff benefit from a highly personalised CPD programme.
Northampton Academy is part of United Learning, a unique group of independent and state schools working together to achieve the best in everyone. Our vision is to provide excellent education so that all young people are able to make a success of their lives and, if we are to realise this vision, we need to make sure we attract, develop and reward the key ingredient – you.
The candidate applying for this post will be able to:
· Effectively track the progress of KS3 pupils
· Monitor and evaluate KS3 schemes of work, ensuring they are in-line with the revised Curriculum and support progression at KS4
· Monitor and evaluate the assessment at KS3, ensuring it is appropriate and standardised
· Effectively target students and intervene to ensure they make progress
· Engage with new technologies
We are looking for a team member who will inspire students in our school to achieve their full potential. In turn the post provides opportunities for curriculum and professional development in an environment where staff are highly valued, well supported and teachers enjoy working.
If you are the type of person who strives to meet the needs of every child and has a proven record of successful working with young people, then you would cherish this unique opportunity.
We will offer:
- An exciting role in a successful oversubscribed Academy
- An opportunity to make a difference in the community
- A personal induction programme
- Ongoing professional training and development as well as networking opportunities throughout the group of Academies and United Learning
- A competitive salary, an on-site fitness centre, a bespoke personal development package and a flexible benefit scheme.
Closing date: 20th April 2018.