Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is comprised of three schools (Gosforth Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Gosforth Junior High Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13.
Gosforth Junior High Academy is a highly successful school rated as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Links with schools across the Gosforth pyramid are strong, allowing potential for the sharing of practice and pedagogy across all phases.
We are seeking an organised, enthusiastic and skilful teacher of English to join an exciting phase in the Academy’s development. We are a richly diverse, vibrant school described by Ofsted as a ‘provider of excellence in the Gosforth community’ with a ‘climate of endeavour and enjoyment’ (Ofsted, 2015).
The post offers a superb opportunity for a teacher with excellent skills to develop further within a positive and supportive environment.
- A person with a passion for teaching
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in the teaching and learning of English at Key Stage 3
- An ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
- Consistently high expectations of pupils and yourself
- Excellent communication and ICT skills
- A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an ‘outstanding’ school
- An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
- A new building with excellent facilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils
- An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
- A school with its community at heart
- Low-cost membership of the Academy’s gym and excellent sports facilities
- An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from football to surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you hold the skills and experience we’re looking for, we’d love to hear from you!
Completed application forms to be returned to Mr Hugh Robinson, Principal, Gosforth Academy, Knightsbridge, Great North Road, Gosforth, NE3 2JH
Closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 20 March 2019
Interview date is Tuesday 26 March 2019
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.