The Academy offers a unique blend of tradition and future, seeking the highest standards of behaviour and appearance, whilst maintaining an emphasis on harnessing technologies, and exploring every avenue in improving teaching, learning, and assessment.
We are proud of our sport specialism, and make every effort to ensure all students are given the opportunity to develop and progress, in terms of health and leadership, via the avenue of PE and Sport. This links closely to our PRIDE values, which are based on the Olympic and Para Olympics values.
We can offer you;
• A considerate employer with regard for your well-being and family priorities
• A health care plan to cover some of the costs of keeping you well such as dental, physio and eye care, with the addition of counselling and fast track to consultant appointments should you be carrying the worry of a health scare
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Opportunity for professional development and to both engage in and deliver training to others
• Every member of staff and student is equipped with a Chromebook device to aid innovative teaching and reduce workload
• Students that are helpful, with good manners and take pride in their appearance
• A wide variety of clubs, trips, events and opportunities
• Free onsite parking and access to our onsite gym and padel tennis courts.
We are looking for;
• A qualified and enthusiastic team player to support the academic achievement of our KS3 students. Ideally you will be qualified to degree standard, or have relevant professional qualifications / experience and a commitment to working positively with young people
• The successful candidate to focus on students’ progress (their attendance in school is pivotal) and this will involve liaising between staff and parents, with particular emphasis on our pupil premium cohort.
• An individual who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
• An individual who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions
• The successful candidate to produce/maintain accurate records of pupil progress, with an emphasis on tracking Pupil premium students
• An individual with a continued commitment to their own professional development.
We welcome a visit at any time, so please make the time to come in and see our school at work.