Key Stage 4 Leader of Mathematics
Start Date: September 2020
Closing Date: Monday 20th April 2020
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
Salary £26,458 -£41,063 + TLR of £4,701pa
We are a successful and growing school, which is currently going through a period of expansion. In order to support our continued growth we are looking to expand our team of creative, supportive and dynamic staff by appointing an inspirational Key Stage 4 Leader of Mathematics.
The Mathematics department is keen to extend their team to include a teacher who can lead on Key Stage 4 and add further support to this growing department.
The Portsmouth Academy is keen to grow the culture of coaching even further over the coming year and have created a Teaching and Learning Drive team to really build on the already excellent practice seen across the school, using TSAT’s own ‘7 Principles of Thinking and Learning’.
This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate to step into a new position, very much focused on the core business of what we do – teaching and learning.
It is an exciting time to join The Portsmouth Academy, with work in progress on our £5.3 million new build, which will create space and resources for a number of subjects.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress.
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
What we can offer you:
• An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
• A high performing environment which is dedicated to achieving the ‘Art’s Mark’ within the coming academic year.
• Highly supportive subject mentoring with a strong professional development programme to ensure that the Teachers’ Standards are well developed.
• We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy.
• Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
• Teachers are provided with well above 10% PPA, with an emphasis on joint planning within this time.
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• We offer the NPQ suite and our own ‘Think Ahead’ middle leaders programme.
• The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• We work closely with The Portsmouth Education Partnership, Teach Portsmouth and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance.
• The Trust holds regular CPD events and Curriculum Leaders are currently working on an exciting Year 5-8 curriculum with our Trust junior schools.
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
• Onsite parking free of charge
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified and highly experienced Mathematics Teacher.
• Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice.
• Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum.
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Maths and Key Stage 4.
• Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject.
• Be able to motivate his/her students.
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students.
• To work alongside the Associate Leader for Maths to help identify areas of development for the Maths team.
• Be prepared to implement and support all Academy policies.
• Commit to ensure that the standards of teaching and learning across the Maths department are good or outstanding.
• Collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to good or outstanding, including all student groups.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged. To arrange a visit to the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.