Who we are
Marylebone Boys' School is a Free School which opened in September 2014. We now have 600 boys in Years 7-11. We launched our mixed Sixth Form in 2019 and will eventually have over 1000 pupils studying at our school.
We are an inner-city boys’ school with a cohort of 50% Pupil Premium students. We an academically rigorous school with an emphasis on good behaviour, commitment to learning and outstanding teaching, where knowledge is valued and available to all who are prepared to work for it. Expectations are high for all pupils. Those who need extra time and support will be helped and expected to achieve their full potential. Our motto is “studio et industria”, which can be translated as “through application and hard work”.
A milestone for the school was our first set of GCSE examination results in August 2019, for which we achieved exceptional Maths results. 84% of our pupils received a Grade 4+, 66% received a Grade 5+ and a very impressive 25% of all Maths grades were 9-7.
The school is looking for someone with the ability to teach Further Maths A-Level and/or Physics A-Level. This is due to our growing Sixth Form and the popularity of these subjects amongst our pupils.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach both subjects and would therefore secure a timetable, the majority of which will be allocated to the teaching of these subjects at a post-16 level. However, candidates with one subject specialism will still be strongly considered and allocated a timetable with above average KS5 teaching hours.
We have a strong Maths and Science faculty with large numbers of students choosing these subjects at A-Level. This is an area we are keen to grow and are looking to invest in a specialist teacher to help us on this journey. Our first set of GCSE science results were among the top 20% nationally, whilst our Maths results showed the most progress within the school.
If you are a specialist in Mathematics and/or Physics, with the ability to teach to the highest level at A-Level, are committed to high quality teaching and learning and want to develop your career at a school which has ambitious plans for its future – then we want to hear from you.
The job would suit a newly qualified teacher or someone who is in the early stages of their teaching career and wants experience of a different school context.
The school is committed to providing excellent professional development and training – be that for an NQT programme (supported by Westminster) or relevant CPD for a person in the early stages of their teaching career.
Since 2018 we have been in our permanent site, a brand new school located in the heart of the prestigious Paddington Basin area. We are part of a wider development by Westminster City Council, just a stone’s throw from Paddington Station with all the benefits of Crossrail as well as the existing Underground and National Rail connections.
• The deadline to apply for this post is 5.00pm on Monday 27th January 2020.
• Contact us if you would like more information about the school or the position on email@example.com.
• Complete the application form fully and provide a supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
• Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the interview scheduled to take place during the week commencing Monday 3rd February.
• We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory references in advance, of whom one must be your current Headteacher if you are currently working in a school.
• The interview process will include an interview, an observed lesson and a data task.
• We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and offer feedback to those who are unsuccessful.