A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Bucharest’s leading international schools.
The International School of Bucharest is seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced Key Stage Leader for Primary school.
The International School of Bucharest, serving for 25 years, is on a purpose-built campus close to the city with excellent transport links. The school has a well-established community among staff and students, with a high rate of staff retention.
Bucharest is a vibrant city in which to live and work. The International School of Bucharest’s Primary school broadly follows the English National Curriculum and is a member of CIS and COBIS.
The Key Stage Leader will be a member of the Primary Senior Leadership Team and is primarily responsible for teaching and learning as well as the day-to-day running of the school. Will lead and manage a team of middle leaders, teachers and teaching assistants as well as organising timetabling and ensure the efficiency of day to day systems and support. In addition, the Key Stage Leader will also monitor and track pupil progress, support the DSL and Pastoral Leader with student wellbeing, support the CPD Leader with staff development and contribute to promoting the school as well as keeping abreast of current educational research.
We are looking for applicants who are energetic, highly inspired and motivated, who are passionate about child wellbeing and education, committed to achieving high standards and creating a stimulating, positive and child-centred learning environment. For the right candidate, promotion to a more senior role may be offered.
Applicants for this role will:
- hold a PGCE, BEd and QTS or equivalent;
- ideally, have a minimum of 8 years of teaching experience and experience of leadership positions.
- be a well-organized, reliable, enthusiastic individual to review, monitor and evaluate school as part of the accreditation process.
What we offer:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Medical subscription to private Regina Maria Hospitals
- Meal vouchers
- Up to 80% discount for your child’s tuition in our school
- Relocation package
- Flight allowance
- CPD Opportunities to develop your career
All staff receive regular appropriate safeguarding and child protection training. Previous work history and police checks will be necessary prior to appointment. We make sure our staff and volunteers are suitable to work with children and young people.
International School of Bucharest
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years