We seek a passionate, resilient and accomplished mathematician to join our dynamic team and lead curriculum provision for a Key Stage within our thriving department, delivering at Key Stages 3-5. The vacancy currently exists for the leadership of Key Stage 3, leading and developing the Mastery Curriculum practice in partnership with the central team of specialists, though we are flexible in seeking the best candidate for the role so a range of experience would be considered. Successful applicants will have a track record of strong classroom practice, excellent communication skills, and have secured exceptional progress and outcomes for young people. Applicants should include in their application which Key Stage they feel their skills are most suited to leading and detail their experience to date in supporting this.
Our staff are:
• Committed, enthusiastic practitioners seeking to support excellent progress for our students
• Educators who aspire to the highest standards of behaviour, academic success, and wellbeing for all in our community
• Resilient, reflective and thoughtful professionals, seeking to develop themselves with us
In return, we offer:
• An externally recognised progression route with the support of a nationally recognised network
• Dedicated Network Leads for subjects and areas, providing cutting-edge training and development opportunities
• A fully accessible, well resourced, multi-million pound building in which to practice, accessible via various transport links, including train, tube and bus services from Elephant and Castle, as well as bus links from London Bridge and Tower Bridge
• A school community with a genuine family ethos, investing in staff wellbeing with sports and events
• Varied routes into teaching and industry-recognised professional qualifications (Ark Teacher Training, PGCE, Teach First, Now Teach, NPQML, NPQSL, BA and Masters programmes)
• A comprehensive support and induction programme for all staff including accommodation in zone 2 available for NQTs and trainees.
• A dedicated Employee Assistance and benefits package from Ark Rewards
Due to COVID-19, we have adapted our recruitment process. Some aspects of interviews may be conducted remotely, as well as some assessments of candidates. More details about our Virtual Interviews can be found on our website here.
Applications will be reviewed, and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are encouraged.
Further details about the post and how to apply can be found on our website:
We look forward to receiving your application.
Ark Walworth Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
At Ark Walworth Academy, we believe in the immense potential of each of our pupils and we are committed to giving them every possible opportunity to succeed. Every student should leave the academy with real choices: to continue into further and highe...