The English School of Asturias is a warm, friendly, steadily expanding school, set in a beautiful location between the mountains and the sea in the north of Spain.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, dedicated and well qualified Primary teachers to teach either KS2 – with the following expectations:
- Provide excellent teaching and learning opportunities both in the classroom and in a pastoral context.
- Provide an excellent environment and culture for learning.
- Ensure own practice is of a high standard and continue to develop professional skills and knowledge.
- Develop and deliver innovative schemes of learning and assessment in line with new specifications, curriculum requirements and related pedagogy.
- Promote and inspire learners through planning which takes into account the needs and progress of all students
- Involve Teaching Assistants (TAs) in planning to provide high quality individual support with targeted intervention.
To teach 32 periods out of 40 periods each week.
The weekly timetable is made up of 40 x 45 minute lessons; 8 per day.
All applicants must have at least two years’ teaching experience, a good working knowledge of latest UK practice and an entitlement to live and work in the European Union.
Timetable to be arranged for September 2018.
Applicants should write a presentation letter and forward an up to date copy of their CV, outlining experience and suitability for this post, covering the key points outlined in the job specifications. Two professional reference contacts should also be included.
Please submit your application by email before the closing date of Monday 16th April 2018 to:
Ms. Zoë Roberts, Head teacher
The English School of Asturias
Interview: Week commencing Monday 23rd April 2018