Are you passionate about securing the best outcomes for children with special educational needs and have experience in leading an area of the curriculum across the wider school?
Due to relocation, we are seeking to recruit an outstanding teacher for our Keystage 1 department and someone who is experienced in leading a curriculum area across the wider school.
Greenmead School is an Outstanding Special School (September 2016) for primary aged pupils who have severe learning difficulties, some who have additional communication and physical disabilities.
This is an opportunity to join our supportive team of highly regarded teachers at an exciting time in the life of Greenmead. We have just moved into a multi-purpose, state of the art building with wonderful new facilities. We are co-located with an Outstanding Primary School with a shared vision for establishing a truly inclusive community.
We are looking for someone who is;
- A qualified teacher with QTS
- Knowledgeable and experienced in teaching children with special educational needs and physical disabilities for at least 4 years
- Inspirational and has the ability to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential
- Excited about working in collaboration with multi-professional agencies to secure the best outcomes for all children
- An excellent classroom management skills and is able to effectively lead a team of support assistants
- Experienced at leading in an area of the curriculum to promote teaching and learning across the school
- Able to support less experienced colleagues to develop their teaching practice and pedagogy
We can offer:
· A supportive and committed staff team
· Happy and enthusiastic children
· A well-resourced and pleasant working environment
· A location with excellent transport links
· Training opportunities to further your professional development including, middle or senior leadership training for the right candidate.
· A team of therapists who are on site and who actively work in partnership with the school and class teams
Greenmead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Candidates should arrange to visit the school. To arrange a visit please contact the school office on 020 8789 1466
The interviews will take place on 1st February 2018
You can get an application form and job description by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and asking for a job pack.