Rong Qiao Sedbergh School (RQSS) is a new bilingual international school which opened in September 2018. We have a very close working relationship with Sedbergh School UK and aim to deliver an exceptional learning environment, providing exciting and holistic education for both Chinese and foreign students. The school currently comprises 10% international and 90% Chinese students, with a projected final capacity of 2,700, with 300 in the Kindergarten. At RQSS we share the core values of Sedbergh School, UK, building on their excellent reputation and almost 500 years of history. The school is in a phenomenally busy phase of growth and there are a number of exciting challenges ahead of us. Resilience, positivity and a willingness to get involved are important. As a boarding school, there is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in the School’s pastoral and extracurricular activity programmes.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, reflective, child-centered kindergarten teacher with the ability to work in a team of committed professionals. Experience working with ESL students would be an advantage. Students in the Kindergarten are age 2 to 6 with teachers typically specialising in the 2 to 4 or 4 to 6 age range.
Main Academic Responsibilities
• Plan and prepare stimulating, challenging and enjoyable learning opportunities which take into account the EYFS curriculum of the school and the individual abilities of the students in the class;
• Work closely with the Head of Kindergarten and other teaching staff as part of a team to achieve agreed targets and implement schemes of work;
• Support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school and the aims and values of the RQSS Kindergarten;
• Assess and report on the development, progress and attainment of students;
• Motivate students with enthusiastic, imaginative lessons;
• To work with other colleagues including Chinese Co-teachers to plan lessons;
• Participate in CPD activities and staff meetings;
• Offer extra-curricular activities to support the ethos and school enrichment program;
• Contribute to and attend whole school community and marketing events throughout the year;
• To complete any other reasonable duty as requested by the Head of Kindergarten or School Principal.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree;
• A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE or Early Childhood Education qualification);
• Minimum two years teaching experience in early years education;
• Previous experience of teaching ESL students is preferred, although candidates without prior experience will be considered;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work.
Fuzhou is a beautiful city and the school site is in an exciting area of coastal development just 15 minutes from the Fuzhou Changle International Airport. The benefits package includes a competitive salary, medical cover, flight allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, visa costs and all meals on site.
Please email your CV (listing two references) to email@example.com detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header. Deadline for applications Tuesday 21st January 2020.
Candidates are encouraged to apply ahead of the application deadline. Longlisted candidates will be selected on receipt of CVs and contacted for an automated video screening shortlisting interview via Sonru. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a live interview either face to face or online.
Rong Qiao Sedbergh School is committed to safeguarding and child welfare. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.