Aldar Education are seeking an outstanding Kindergarten Teacher (Maternity cover) for Al Budoor KG Charter School starting March 2022.
The school provides high quality education and follows the American Common Core Curriculum (Massachusetts).
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Roles and responsibilities include:
o Teamwork and collaboration
o To be a good communicator at all levels.
o Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
o Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet requirements of the curriculum.
o Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
o Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
o Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
Teaching and learning:
• Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
• Organising the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
• Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
• Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
• Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
• Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
• Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists, if required.
Assessment and data:
• Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
• Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
• Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision and intervention.
• Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
Behaviour management and duties:
• Follow the school’s behaviour policy.
• Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioural policy.
• Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
• Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
• Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy
• Bachelor in Education with Early Years specialization.
• Minimum 1 year experience as a KG Teacher.
• Experience of an American Curriculum would be advantageous
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centred, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.