ST HELENA SCHOOL
KITCHEN ASSISTANT – MATERNITY COVER UNTIL 9TH MARCH 2020
Pay Range: Local Government Band 1 Point 1 - (Actual Salary £7,974)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated and practical Kitchen Assistant to join our well-established and successful team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• The preparation and simple cooking of food and beverages
• Serving customers at the counter/hatch or from a trolley or kiosk, as required
• To undertake all aspects of cleaning equipment (light and heavy), walls (up to 6ft), floors, fixtures and fittings, cooking utensils, cutlery, glassware etc, as directed
• To maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene to comply with statutory and school regulations
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
• Previous catering experience
• A flexible and pro-active approach to your work
• A sound knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety and safe working practices
Why work for The Sigma Trust, St Helena School?
We can offer you:
• A Competitive Salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
This post is 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days), however, we are willing to consider applications from people who are able to work fewer hours per week.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 146 . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 18th September 2019.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.