KS1 Class Teacher
Applications are invited from colleagues with a minimum of two years full time teaching experience in a high achieving school who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning.
Preparatory classes are mixed ability and rarely exceed 23 pupils. A maximum of two EAL pupils are permitted per class. Class teachers, line managed by their Phase Leader, are responsible for their pupils academic and personal progress. Class teachers are responsible for the teaching of Maths, English, Humanities, Science and PHSE. They are the first point of contact for parents. Colleagues provide specialist teaching for Mandarin, French, PE, Music, Library and Art; the class teacher works alongside specialist teachers for ICT and Games.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
· An innovative and creative approach to providing an outstanding education beyond the National Curriculum
· The ability to inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community
· Excellent communication (written and spoken) and presentation skills in English
· Commitment to a Foundation to Year 13 school philosophy with the highest levels of pastoral care
· An understanding of the importance of continuing and enhancing the strong links already in place with Preparatory/Senior colleagues to ensure a seamless curriculum and transition from Preparatory to Senior.
· The ability to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school
Recent UK experience and knowledge of UK independent sector schools is desirable but not essential. Applicants will have strong ICT skills and a proven ability to use technology to support learning.
Further information on the position, and online application process, is available through the school web site: