Cidari Education and the Governing Body of Great Marsden St John’s Primary School are looking to recruit an experienced and inspirational teacher to join our existing team. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to become a key player in a vibrant primary Academy at an exciting part of its school improvement journey. We are a new and exciting one form entry Church of England primary Academy on the outskirts of Nelson and a member of Cidari Multi Academy Trust within the Diocese of Blackburn.
Our Academy Mission Statement says that
Using Jesus’ example we aim to give our children ‘the roots to grow and the wings to fly’.
Is this an ethos that you could be fully committed to? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
- An outstanding teacher who can demonstrate that your teaching over time is consistently good or better?
- An ambitious professional with high aspirations for the children and families with whom you work?
- An aspirant Subject Leader who is passionate and innovative in their chosen area.
- A team-player who is also able to work collaboratively and lead in your areas of agreed responsibility?
- A creative and inspiring teacher with a keen focus on children’s learning, achievement and progress?
- An energetic individual with the stamina and resilience to commit to our Academy’s improvement plan, to raise standards and to make an impact in our rapidly improving Academy?
- Excited about joining an aspirational Multi Academy Trust with opportunities for networking, career development and leadership pathways?
- A deep understanding of how learning occurs?
- The ability to guide children’s learning in early reading and phonics?
- A current knowledge of the new National Curriculum combined with key progression knowledge for learning in Mathematics and Literacy?
- A range of assessment techniques to accelerate pupil progress and attainment and the ability to articulate these?
- A commitment to continuing professional development?
- A commitment to upholding the Christian Ethos of our Academy?
- Commit to creating a positive and safe learning environment for all pupils in our Academy?
- Understand and fulfil your responsibilities in respect of class teaching and raising standards?
- Show interest and respect to all stakeholders of our Academy, thereby positively promoting our Academy’s and the Trust’s vison and values?
- Develop and enhance our relationships with all of our parents and partners?
- If so we would like to hear from you.
The staff are friendly, supportive and work positively together. If you think you can bring energy and enthusiasm to our team and are committed to excellence in learning for all children, then please apply.
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the Headteacher.
Further information including application forms and supporting documents are available from the Cidari Website at http://www.cidarieducation.co.uk/job-vacancies and returnable to the Headteacher:
Mrs M Underwood
Great Marsden St John's Primary School - A Church of England Academy, Trent Road, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 0NX
Tel: 01282 615055 email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th December at noon
Shortlisting: Tuesday 6th December 2016
Interviews will take place Week Commencing Monday 12th December 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our Multi Academy Trust
Cidari Multi Academy Trust established in November 2013 is part of the Blackburn Diocese. Open to both converter and sponsored academies, we already have a mix of Voluntary Aided and Voluntary Controlled primary and secondary schools across Blackpool, Blackburn with Darwen and East Lancashire.
To provide high quality education for all children based on clearly established Christian values and principles."
We work closely and collaboratively with our academies, Blackburn Diocese, Local Authorities and other partners to ensure that we offer a strong caring ethos and a clear moral purpose. Supported by a central team in the provision of School Improvement, Operational and Business functions, we encourage all our academies to see themselves as part of a family with a shared vision, identity and purpose whilst maintaining their individuality. We are committed to achieving excellence in education and see it as the right of every child to achieve their full potential and to flourish academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally.
We have a drive for outstanding practice across our organisation and a commitment to inspiring and supporting all our employees in their professional development. We recognise nationally and locally agreed conventions for terms and conditions of employment for both Teachers and Support Staff and respectively offer both the Teachers’ Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme (administered by Lancashire County Council).
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For more information visit www.cidarieducation.co.uk
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.