Foster’s is a popular two-form entry school on the Welling / Bexleyheath borders with a rich history. We were recognised as a ‘good’ school in our last Ofsted inspection and have a strong staff team. Our teachers are dedicated, enthusiastic and committed to maintaining the highest standards and providing a creative curriculum for the pupils in our care. Our children are our biggest asset; they are polite, courteous, kind to each other and enjoy their learning. We are fortunate to have a bright, modern site with plenty of outdoor space, a Forest School area and modern resources including ICT.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, dedicated and creative teacher to join our team. We would welcome applications from experienced teachers or NQTs. If you are passionate about children’s learning and enjoy working in a collegiate atmosphere, then Foster’s may be right for you.
What we can offer you:-
• A supportive, forward-thinking leadership team
• A determination to create a positive work-life balance for all of our staff
• A strong ethos of high expectation and challenge for all learners
• A commitment to professional development, with excellent NQT and middle leader programs
• An iPad and laptop for individual use
• As a Bexley School, we are able to offer access to a range of additional benefits, including savings on child care vouchers and cycles, well-being and medical cover.
• The potential for an early start and pay over the summer for NQTs/teachers available for a pre-September start (please contact us for more details)
We highly recommend visits to the school, which can be arranged by contacting the school office on 020 8298 7336.
Please complete the attached application forms, which should be delivered to the school, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications will be midday on Monday the 22nd of January. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after for interview on Wednesday the 31st of January.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to satisfactory DBS clearance and other employment checks.
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
References will be requested for those short listed ONLY and this may be prior to interview. Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
This post is considered to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the person specification. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary stages. For further information about the school please visit the school website: http://www.fosters.bexley.sch.uk