PRIMARY TEACHER VACANCY – KS1/KS2 CLASS TEACHER
*Looking for an adventure? *A gentler pace of life?
*A chance to explore an amazing part of the world?
*Do you want to teach somewhere out of the ordinary?
*Do you want to focus on children and their learning rather than on unnecessary paperwork?
*Somewhere you can really make a difference to children’s futures?
*Somewhere you can embrace a completely different culture and way of life?
*Somewhere that will take your breath away with its natural beauty?
If you are nodding and saying ‘yes’ to the questions above then you should definitely consider applying to join the Pelican School team…it might just change your life!
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen at Pelican School on Canouan Island! Pelican School is a registered Cambridge International Primary School situated in the heart of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in the Caribbean. Our exceptional, non-profit making school caters for the children of local and international employees, mostly employed by the CRD group. We currently have a total of 35 children on roll, ranging from Kindergarten (Reception) to Grade 6 (Year 6), organised into 3 small classes.
Our school is located in a beautiful purpose-built facility which overlooks the ocean and is well resourced. It is a very special place to teach and to learn where our teachers, our children and their parents very quickly become part of the Pelican family, working together and striving for excellence.
We require outstanding primary teachers to join our small, enthusiastic and hard-working teaching team in 2017. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching a mixed grade class of KS1 or KS2 children and will also lead some whole school sessions.
We are looking for special educators who can share our vision for the school and show a commitment to making a difference to our children, their families and the community. There is the potential for career progression at Pelican School for the right candidate.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Be experienced and comfortable teaching across all stages of the primary school (with a teaching degree e.g. B.Ed/B.A/P.G.C.E) with expertise in lower school/upper school.
- Have experience of differentiating for mixed grade classes – KS1 or KS2
- Be flexible and creative
- Be excited and motivated by new challenges
- Have experience of supporting children with additional needs.
- Have experience of raising standards in literacy and numeracy
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Be resilient and have lots of energy!
It would be amazing if you:
- Have experience of teaching abroad in an international setting
- Have some leadership experience and are keen to take on additional responsibilities (there is potential for a leadership role to develop in the future)
- Are musical – our children LOVE singing.
In this role you will:
- Teach a varied and exciting international curriculum to a mixed grade class
- Provide comprehensive planning, assessment and reporting
- Lead whole-school activities and learning, including before and after school activities
- Return Flights at the beginning and end of contract
- Fully Furnished Accommodation
- Water and Electricity Utilities paid
- 1 Year Contract (renewable)
- 10 weeks paid holiday a year
- Employer contribution to health insurance policy
For a more detailed information pack about the school and living in Canouan, please contact:
Miss Lindsay McGuire - Head Teacher
To apply for this role please submit a letter of application outlining the reasons why this opportunity is for you and the qualities and skills you would bring to our school, photograph and CV with details of two referees (one should be your most recent employer/manager) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate on your application whether you are available to start in January 2017 (KS1) or August 2017(KS2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications are open until 02nd December 2016; however interested candidates are encouraged to put in their application as soon as possible as suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity and we reserve the right to make an early appointment.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype
START DATE: January 2017 or August 2017
Pelican School and the CRD Group are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and staff. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal disclosure and satisfactory references. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.