KS1 Teacher - One Year Maternity Contract
Village school near Huntingdon
Main Pay Scale
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
January 2022 - December 2022
Vision for Education are looking to recruit an engaging and creative KS1 Teacher to join a friendly school in a village a few miles from Huntingdon. This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced or newly qualified Primary Teacher to work as part of a forward-thinking team.
Working in Key Stage 1, the successful Teacher will be required to teach a lovely Year 1/2 class of 25 children with a full time TA. This is a full-time role and will be on a contract directly with the school. This position does have the potential to go permanent after the contract. The role also has the opportunity for Maths leadership but this is not essential
The school can offer the successful Teacher a supportive environment, with polite and happy children and lovely parents. The school is relatively small, with just under 100 pupils in a lovely village setting and benefits from a forward-thinking Senior Leadership team and long standing staff.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have:
- To hold Qualified Teacher Status
- To have a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
- To have experience teaching in key stage 1
- Be able to plan and deliver fun and engaging lessons
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Key Stage 1 Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education please contact Amy Heading on 01223 608140.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.