ABC Teachers are recruiting for a part time PPA teacher at a popular primary school in Selly Oak, Birmingham, to work across KS1 year groups. The position will be a part time contract (0.4) and will continue from January 2020 on a fixed term basis.
- Will be working across KS2 year groups to provide PPA cover
- Will require a passionate and engaging teacher with a flexible teaching approach
- A highly popular primary school with an excellent reputation, most recently recognised as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Benefits from a hard-working and sociable team who take pride in their school and what they do
- Has long-standing connections within the local community
- Has a rigorous training and development scheme for teachers who are taken on long-term/permanent roles
- Is a happy and supportive school where children are well behaved and eager to learn
The successful candidate:
- Must hold valid QTS
- Have excellent working knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
- Be a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Have a passion for education
- Demonstrate the highest regard for health and safety, and safeguarding procedures
- Be consistent in maintaining high standards
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and recent school-based experience (within the last 5 years, teaching within a school teaching the British Curriculum). The experience, training or qualifications required in order to receive the maximum salary for this role are: dependant on the school you are applying to, and your current pay scale.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Charlie Tims on 0121 2740345 or submit your details.
Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own specific areas covering across from the Midlands and Staffordshire.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please send your CV and contact details to Charlie Tims - firstname.lastname@example.org