Preparing every child to become a successful individual in an ever-evolving world
If you have experience of Key Stage 1 and preferably Phonics, then we would love to invest in you. We believe that Year 1 is a crucial year for children and we want to employ a highly skilled and passionate person to be part of our Year 1 team. Our children leave Reception above the national average and are given a holistic transition into Year 1.
Our phonics results are excellent, due to the phonics practitioners and the support provided by the phonics lead. You will be given time out of class to offer support to staff and pupils.
We run our own unique, innovative enquiry curriculum rooted in oracy, questioning and exploration. It is led by the interests and passions of teachers and pupils, which has resulted in a Dragon’s Den with Smyths Toy Stores, Women in Power, a Science Fair, winning the Horticultural show and much more. Our phonics teaching is excellent, leading to above national results, but more importantly good readers, who love books. We are committed to reducing unnecessary workload and developing the art of teaching.
• A school that has direction, focus and ambition.
• ‘Exemplary behaviour’ - our children are polite, friendly and intelligent. This is always the first thing visitors notice.
• Excellent training and coaching including a RWI development-lead support day each term.
• We keep planning and marking to a minimum. PPA time is used to tweak and adjust plans to the classes needs.
• Effective team work and professional community. Our school is arranged into curriculum teams, to ease workload, inspire ideas and offer leadership opportunities.
• Outstanding appraisal package. Good quality, purposeful appraisal and CPD enables us to help all staff achieve their ambitions.
• NQTs receive a two year package of development and support.
• A wellbeing day off each year to do something special.
• Free qualified counsellors, free health care, finance advice, support with housing.
• Positive mental health days, such as staff massages and mindfulness workshops.
• Funday Friday, lots of treats in the staffroom including free hot drinks and staff fitness sessions.
@WexhamPS / www.wexhamprimary.com
Visit our school: 01753 524 989, Mrs Mian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 20th May 12 noon. We are happy to accept application forms in advance.
We are a friendly and caring school that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.