Full-Time KS1 Teaching Assistant
January 2020 – July 2020
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Full-Time Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the Consett, County Durham area. This is a long-term Teaching Assistant (TA) role, which will commence in January 2020 and will continue until July 2020.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, the successful Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on providing all class support. The successful applicant will also be asked to deliver smaller group activities focusing largely on phonics, English and Maths.
This larger than average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their motivated team. Within this primary school the leadership and management, including the governance, are extremely effective. They have improved the quality of teaching significantly. The progress of the pupil’s has also improved substantially.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in KS1
• Be experienced in working with small groups to boost attainment
• Hold experience of providing literacy and numeracy support
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle Primary Team on 0191 267 4555.