Smart Teachers is recruiting for a KS2 SEN teacher for an all-through SEN school based in north-west London. The school caters for students with a range of complex needs. The successful KS2 SEN Teacher must have previous experience working with students with ASD and will need to have strong behaviour management skills. This role is to start in September on a temporary basis with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
About the Role
· KS2 SEN Teacher
· Will be teaching pupils with complex needs including ASD
· Role to begin in September 2018 with a possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate
· Daily rate starting from £130 depending on experience
About the School
· Special school based in north-west London
· Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
· Pupils aged between 3-19 years old
· Caters for children with a range of complex needs including ASD
· Very small class sizes (8 students) with three members of support staff in each classroom
In order to be considered for this role, the KS2 SEN Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Must have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status)
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Must have strong behaviour management skills
· Previous experience of working with students with ASD
· Knowledge of Makaton/PECs (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Committed to safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number NVC27284.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.