Primary maths lead - can we count on you?
We are looking for our first primary maths lead, someone who can help us shape and drive our maths curriculum to be exciting and challenging.
We are looking for someone who will feel part of our Grove family, share our vision and will enjoy working with us. We are looking for a teacher who is up for a new challenge of subject leadership. Grove Academy can offer you unique experiences and professional development that you cannot get anywhere else.
Grove is a new free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough, providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds. We opened with classes in Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 and 7 and will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including 6th form. We are looking for new staff to join us for our second year as we expand.
Our project based curriculum is developing via ‘big questions’ and enables all pupils to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. We are working closely with local businesses and organisations to ensure that our pupils leave Grove Academy with the skills and character that employers seek.
You could help us develop the maths curriculum in the primary years, creating exciting experiences and happy memories for our pupils. We are looking for an excellent teacher to teach a Year 3 or 4 class, who loves teaching maths and can share that passion with others.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- Experiences you cannot get anywhere else
- Innovative CPD packages because we want to invest in you
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in EYFS, primary and secondary phases
- We want to learn from others and research, so providing networking opportunities for staff at all levels is important to us.
- As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Has the passion to help develop our maths curriculum.
- Is excited by the chance to be with us at the beginning of this amazing journey.
- Recognises they need to be flexible as the school grows and in turn we will provide experiences they cannot get anywhere else.
- Who can also make learning fun!
Can you see this as a fantastic opportunity and are you ready for a new challenge? If so …. Grove Academy is the place for you!
Closing date: 17th October 2018
We strongly recommend that you ring to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org If you email with your telephone number Andrea will try to ring you back. Your next job is an important step and we want to ensure we are the right place for you. Also because this job is live on TES for a short time frame we would like to speak to interested candidates and arrange interviews ASAP. We are currently in temporary accommodation in the centre of Slough whilst a new school is built in the west of the town. Visit strongly encouraged so that we can show you the spectacular plans for the new building.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application form.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough