Smart Teachers is recruiting for a qualified primary teacher to teach KS2 classes at an inner London junior school in Barking. The primary teacher is required to start in September 2018 on full-time, temporary or permanent contract. A qualified or newly qualified KS2 teacher with good behaviour management skills is encouraged to apply. A previous Ofsted inspection resulted in a rating that ‘requires improvement’, however with a strong senior management team, there are a number of strategies in place to improve the overall success of the school. We are looking for a strong candidate who wishes to become part of making a difference.
About the Role
· KS2 primary teacher
· To teach children in Year 4 and Year 5
· To work with a strong and supportive leadership team
· To plan and deliver lessons of a high standard
· The role would be suitable for a primary trained teacher with good behaviour management
· Temporary or permanent position
· This role is for a full time KS2 teacher starting in September 2018
· This role is open to newly qualified teachers looking to complete their induction year
· The daily rate would start at £130 and be equivalent to MPS on an inner London pay scale
About the School
· A junior school within the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
· Strong and supportive leadership team
· Time out of lessons to plan, prepare and asses work each week
· Three-form entry school
· Mixed cohort of children with diverse backgrounds
· Mixed junior school with some challenging behaviour
· Easily accessible by public transport in Barking, and there is also local street parking with those who wish to drive
In order to be considered for this role, the KS2 teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
· NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD0512
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.