Longvernal Primary School is part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership and is proud to be one of very few schools nationally to be a ‘Recognised Forest School Provider’ by the Forest School Association (FSA). We are committed to promoting outdoor learning, preparing our pupils to be outward-looking global citizens who embrace diversity and respect others and the world we live in. Every child and parent is considered to be a member of the ‘Longvernal Family,’ every one of us special and unique.
Salary GBP £25,714-£36,961 per year (M1 to M6)
Full Time, Fixed Term Contract initially for 1 year
Start date: September 2021
Suitable for newly qualified teachers (NQT)
Closing date 12 noon -26th February 2021
Interview date/s Monday March 8th and Tuesday March 9th
We are looking for a newly qualified or recently qualified teacher to join our team in Key Stage 2. This position has been created due to the increased numbers on roll as a result of the growing popularity of our school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a passion for teaching and high expectations for children’s learning
• Is dedicated to nurturing and developing the whole child in line with our Longvernal Values
• Is committed to working effectively in a team, always willing and able to ‘go the extra mile’ to build relationships with children, parents and staff
• Enjoys taking learning outdoors
• Is interested in CPD opportunities, particularly with regard to curriculum development
• Is motivated to use initiative and help us continue to strive for Outstanding
• Has a willingness to support or offer subject leadership
In return, we can offer:
• A friendly, supportive team who will welcome you as a new member of the ‘Longvernal Family’
• Children whose learning behaviours are outstanding, rendering teaching them very rewarding
• An environment where the culture throughout is one of respecting difference and nurturing potential in both children and staff
Longvernal School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and, as such, all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are not available in the current climate. However, if you have any questions, phone calls to the Headteacher are welcomed.
Longvernal Primary School
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years