We are looking for a creative & inspiring KS2 teacher who will have a positive impact on the learning and well-being of our pupils here at Tidemill. Situated next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, just 6 minutes from London Bridge or 11 minutes from Cannon Street by train, Tidemill is a haven where children from all backgrounds flourish. Our children not only achieve excellent results – they exhibit in art galleries, surf in Devon, compete at the London Youth Games, are djembe drummers, make their own branded chocolate, set up blogs and perform Shakespeare at the theatre! They do all this in an award winning building with exceptional facilities.
As a National Teaching School, we put great emphasis on teacher development and there are a multitude of exciting opportunities at Tidemill for you to further develop your classroom and leadership skills. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing young learners and want to take the next step in your career whilst making a vital contribution to a diverse and deserving community, we would love to hear from you!
You will need to be a passionate & energetic teacher who:
• Makes learning fun and engaging
• Has a track record of raising achievement
• Demonstrates initiative and can enthuse and lead others
• Is able to teach a progressive curriculum where children can build on previously learnt skills and knowledge
• Is an excellent communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, parents and the wider community
We can offer:
• Enthusiastic, creative and respectful children
• A hugely talented & committed staff including HLTAs, Place2Be counsellors and a resident artist
• A vibrant, richly diverse school community
• First class professional and career development opportunities, including Specialist Leader of Education training
• The opportunity to positively impact school improvement and the educational landscape through our role as the lead school in the Endeavour Teaching School Alliance
• The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the team and see our fantastic facilities. If you would like to visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘KS2 Class Teacher’. Please include your contact details in the email.
Visits: Thursday 19th March @ 4:45pm & Saturday 21st March @ 9:30am
Closing Date & shortlisting: Monday 30th March @ 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 1st April/Thursday 2nd April
Please note that due to covid-19, dates may be subject to change. Initial interviews may be held via Skype. Skype interviews & lesson observations are also available for international candidates.
How to Apply:
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com. A scanned signature will be accepted or simply follow this up with a signed copy in the post: Lisa Turner, Office Manager, Tidemill Academy, 11 Giffin Street, London, SE8 4RJ. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Tidemill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references.