We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented qualified teacher to join our outstanding academy, taking on the role of curriculum or phase lead. We can be flexible on your chosen subject, year group and/or phase based on your experience and expertise.
This role is ideal for an outstanding teacher who wants to accelerate their career in an outstanding school, offering outstanding teamwork and support. At Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park, we are a family of professionals and an academy of friends. We have a hard-working but fun ethos that suits those with a good sense of humour!
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start or continue their career in a rewarding new role. We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy being pro-active and working as part of a caring and hard working team.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who will:
- Be committed to the highest achievement for all;
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the academy;
- Support the maintenance of a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of our team.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
Please download the Job Pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- Specialist teachers for Science, Music, PE, art, drama and steel pans, offering up to 5 hours a week for development and PPA time.
- Outstanding modelling for development with weekly lesson studies for all teachers
- Opportunities to work in subject teams, leading and developing others within and outside of the academy
- Outstanding ICT, with Teacher iPads, Apple TV and working towards being an Apple Distinguished School
- A fast-paced, creative curriculum, with a wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage.
- Opportunities for additional responsibility: over 50 clubs a week, boosters, holiday and Saturday schools
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 020 8808 2045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.