We fully appreciate that happy teachers make great teachers and this is what we want for our loved community of children. We are a split-site, four form entry school based in Thamesmead (1 form entry) and Charlton (3 form entry). We have been graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last 12 years. These vacancies are for either site.
We have worked hard and provided a safe and engaging atmosphere for our children to learn and thrive.
Why would you want to work at Windrush? We offer:
• children that are well-behaved and have a clear understanding of the robust behaviour policy that is in place, which is fully supported by all staff
• comprehensive CPD opportunities for teachers looking to enhance skills or teachers looking for career progression in an expanding academy
• a school that holds staff well-being in the highest regard
• an innovative marking policy that cuts marking down and has huge impact on the children’s lives – we call it live marking. Marking is performed as an intervention – effecting change in the children’s work immediately
• collegiate atmosphere with joint insets, joint PPA and joint staff meetings being held across both sites - Thamesmead and Charlton
• being part of an extended year group that shares planning and ideas four ways, thus ensuring that teachers are fully supported and can spend the most amount of time making better lessons for our children
• high staff morale with two schools work together as one; the Windrush family
• a focus on the impact education has on our children with no formal observations, but more casual drop-ins to support with outstanding everyday practice
• onsite parking and a short walk from the local train station with a well-served bus stop directly outside.
Visits to either site of our school are very warmly welcomed and highly encouraged. Please contact Donna Corrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8836 9710 to arrange an appointment.
Closing Date: Friday 31st January 2020
Interviews week beginning: Monday 3rd February 2020
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk