Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent special school, based in Heathfield, Devon. The school is looking to add a Key Stage 2 Teacher to its progressive and supportive school ideally starting ASAP.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of KS2 including class teaching and intervention. You will support the Head to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
"This School is situated in a peaceful woodland setting near Newton Abbot in Devon. Their facilities are complemented by their nearby care farm, where they offer animal care, horticulture and a wide range of outdoor educational activities alongside academic and vocational programmes.
They are committed to providing the best education for young people with complex needs. They offer a unique tailored programme for every child, combining a therapeutic approach, outdoor learning and individual academic and vocational programmes to suit each young person. Everything that they do is based on thoroughly understanding the needs of their students and how they can best support them in achieving positive outcomes."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible Leadership Team and Headteacher
• On-going CPD with programmes of study including Diplomas and NVQs
• Progression support throughout the school and wider group
• Support package for NQT’s/ECT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• Chances to take on further responsibility in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• A relevant Education Degree or a related subject
• Experience in delivering KS2, successfully engaging learners to progress
• Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN/ASC environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
• A love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1526280 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher/leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1526280 in the email subject line.
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...