Year 5 (Key Stage 2) Teacher
Location - Rugby
Pay - £100 - 180
Contract Type – Immediately to End of Year - 2 days per week
ABC Teachers is seeking to appoint a Year 5 Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local primary school in Rugby. This is a part-time primary teaching role, covering a Year 5 class which will commence immediately until the end of the year.
The desired Teacher will be working in a Year 5 class of 25 pupils, with a wide range of ability levels. This role would be suitable for both NQTs and experienced Teachers, but the school would ideally like someone who has recently taught in upper Key stage 2. The teacher will be required to plan and assess child progress over the placement. The school are looking for someone who is friendly and establishes positive and lasting relationships in order to maximise their student's potential. The teacher should be adaptable, able to effectively teach all parts of the KS2 Curriculum with great subject knowledge.
This is a “Outstanding” school, close to the city centre, which has high standards and expects the best provision for the children under its care. It is a friendly and welcoming school where all staff are valued so they can reach their full potential. The school itself has a well-respected Head Teacher and you will be fully supported during your time at the school and have access to some of the best resources around.
To be considered for the position of Year 5 Teacher, you will:
• Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
• Have experience teaching primary education at KS2 level.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of primary Teachers.
• Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are a REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Access to roles that you will not see advertised elsewhere
• Work collaboratively with your dedicated education consultant who has an in-depth knowledge of the schools in the area
• Be affiliated with the biggest name in education, TES (Times Educational Supplement)
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across ABC Teachers, please contact Thomas Haynes on our Primary team on 02476 510 097.