Can you think outside of the box?
Well try this for size - we don't want you to teach year 5 or 6, we want you to teach in Year 7!
Sorry, we told you a little fib but we wanted to attract KS2 teachers looking for a change and we thought you might not give secondary a second glance.
Grove Academy is an all through school which opened in 2017 with classes in Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 and 7 and will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including a 6th form. We are looking for an experienced Year 5 or 6 teacher to join us in our second year to work alongside secondary staff to deliver an exciting project based curriculum that takes the best practices from both primary and secondary. Alongside traditional subject teaching, cross curricular project work is driven by big questions and real outcomes.
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of our Grove family, share our vision and will enjoy working with us. We can offer you unique experiences, a new challenge and hopefully lots of fun. We can also offer you exciting professional development that you cannot get anywhere else.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- Good in house CPD offer
- A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in primary and secondary phases
- Caring, well behaved and motivated students
- We want to learn from others and research, so providing networking opportunities for staff at all levels is important to us.
- Unique professional development pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible
We are looking for a history teacher who:
- Can see how they can bring Primary expertise to Secondary teaching
- Evidence of raising achievement and delivering excellence
- Excited to work within a team of both primary and secondary staff who want to create a unique offer for our families
- A desire to provide students with experiences and opportunities they will never forget
We strongly recommend that you ring to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at email@example.com If you email with your telephone number Andrea will try to ring you back. Your next job is an important step and we want to ensure we are the right place for you. We are currently in temporary accommodation in the centre of Slough whilst a new school is built in the west of the town.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
Closing date: 23rd April 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 23rd April 2018
Grove Academy is the second school in the SASH Education Trust, which was set up by the Slough Association of Secondary Headteachers (SASH) as a vehicle for providing different choices for Slough families. As a result Grove has a unique, expert backing of professional colleagues and the support of our fellow trust school.
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application.
We hope to hear from you because this is going to be fun!
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough, SL3 7UX