Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced KS2 teacher with an excellent behaviour management background, to join an independent school in the South East London area. The role can start as late as February 2017, but an earlier start date from January would be desirable. The current class has a mixture of students across Years 3 to 5, and the KS2 class teacher would manage a total of 9 students. The needs across this school are primarily social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) although this particular class includes students with additional needs such as ADHD and ASD.
About the Role
- KS2 teacher
- Delivering the UK curriculum to a small class size of less than 10 students
- Working with an excellent support team across the school
- Full time permanent position
- No holidays during term time
- Salaries start from £30,000 for teachers with QTS
About the School
- Independent school based in South East London
- Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
- Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
- 27 students currently attend the school
- Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
- Padded time-out room available
- Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
- Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
- Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
In order to be considered for this role, the KS2 teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number LXDF32362.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.