At Star International, we provide the highest quality of teaching using a rich variety of resources and technology underpinned by the National Curriculum for England. We actively encourage internationalism; while believing deeply in the values of the ambient community and country. We encourage our pupils to develop a greater appreciation and understanding of a wide variety of cultures and traditions yet still value highly the family school atmosphere in which they will feel known, secure and recognised as individuals. Our commitment is to provide a community of learners, young and old, where parents, teachers and children work as a team to enable all to develop their skills to the best of their abilities and reach their full potential. SIS Al Twar provides a community oriented school in the area that offers a vital service to the residents, an excellent centre of sustainable learning for children where they are encouraged to lead fulfilled lives by accepting challenges in all spheres in a safe and civilized environment.
Our children are very well behaved and highly motivated pupils with a keen desire to learn and excel. At Star International we follow the EYFS curriculum in Foundation Stage and the National Curriculum for England in KS1, 2, 3 and 4, adapting to suit the culture and requirements within the UAE and our diverse student body.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified secondary school teacher to join our friendly, efficient and successful team. The successful candidate will be required to teach Year 6 – Year 11 classes, working as part of a team to deliver the secondary Mathematics curriculum with additional pastoral care responsibilities. Preference will be given to the teachers who can teach additional GCSE subjects like PE, Media Studies, Psychology, History, Geography, IT etc.,.
The successful candidate will need to be positive, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to our school vision; ‘To develop Star members in the local and global community, who are able to lead themselves and others; through their love of independent learning and their compassion for humanity’.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum two year contract
- Competitive tax free salary,
- Accommodation allowance or furnished apartment,
- Health insurance,
- Monthly transportation allowance,
- Annual flight allowance,
- End of contract gratuity.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Relevant British teaching qualification: to teach Secondary School Mathematics (a Bachelor’s degree and a recognised teaching qualification)
- A minimum of 2 years recent teaching experience in KS3 and KS4 [Mathematics]
- A good working knowledge of the latest UK practice from either the UK or a British Curriculum school overseas
- A good knowledge of the GCSE curriculum (Edexcel IGCSE)
- Excellent communication skills to lead by example, as well as collaborate with Key Stage leaders, Senior Management and parents
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Have the ability to research new initiatives and implement them whilst evaluating current processes
- Have the ability to confidently utilise AFL strategies and a variety of tasks to enhance learning
- Be proficient in ICT.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and the willingness to deliver in-school inset.
Interested applicants must include the following in their application:
1. A cover letter which addresses the following:
a. The reasons why the candidate is interested in the position
b. How the candidate meets the qualifying requirements
b. Strengths, competencies and experiences the candidate brings to the position
2. A full CV which includes:
a. Reference to all educational degrees, certificates and training
b. All work experience by date
c. A list of at least three referees, one of whom should be in a direct supervisory capacity. This list should include email address, and work and mobile phone numbers of each referee.
d. A recent photo
Interested applicants, should forward a full CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.
Please clearly indicate the Post for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 30/10/2019
Interviews will take place by Skype
Location & Contact
Star International School,
Al Twar 2,
P.O. Box 51008