Baston House, an independent school for Primary and Secondary children with Autism require a KS3/KS4 maternity cover Teacher to join our dedicated team in September. Salary £27,596 p.a - £38,963 p.a depending on experience, plus £2,149 SEN allowance. Based in Bromley, Kent, Baston House School is within easy reach of Croydon, Sidcup, Forest Hill and surrounding towns.
Our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of abilities. With optimum class sizes of 6 pupils and the assistance of a T.A. we are able to deliver personalised learning. We are totally committed to working with children with complex needs in order to raise their aspirations and achievements.
As a KS3/KS4 Teacher, you will provide teaching support across a range of subjects and must therefore be strong and knowledgeable in secondary education. Alternatively, you may be a KS2 teacher looking to specialise in an SEN setting.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible and have a love of teaching students with special educational needs, including learning outside of the classroom and teaching life skills. You will want to inspire and motivate students and will not mind students who are sometimes anxious and show challenging behaviour.
This role is offered as maternity cover, starting in September 2019 on a full time basis, working term time only.
As a KS3/KS4 Teacher, your duties would include:
• Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups across a range of curriculum subjects
• Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
• Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
• Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
• Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required:
• Hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS)
• Have proven experience of teaching in a Primary or Secondary capacity (KS2 / KS3)
• Be experienced working within an SEN setting, ideally with ASD although not essential
• Be aware and have full knowledge of recent changes to the national curriculum
• Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
If you are a qualified KS3 Teacher with a passion to make a positive contribution, please apply immediately. In return we offer a salary scale of £27,596 p.a. - £38,963 p.a plus £2,149 SEN allowance and excellent company benefits.
Baston House School forms part Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.