We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic teacher of English to lead Key Stage 3 in our large and successful department. The position offers a unique opportunity for an outstanding classroom practitioner who is keen to play a leading role in the further development of our innovative, skills-based curriculum in English Language and Literature at Key Stage 3. At Little Heath School, the Key Stage 3 curriculum provides students with a foundation for future GCSE success, so the role is broad in its remit, requiring close collaboration with other leaders in English and across the school.
The person we are seeking will:
- be passionate about teaching English, bringing energy, enthusiasm and new ideas;
- have high expectations of the learning, achievement and progress of all students;
- be a successful teacher across the age and ability range, being able to use this experience to develop the practice of others;
- have leadership qualities, as well as good management and people skills;
- be able to facilitate training of new staff on changes to the curriculum;
- help develop assessments and monitoring/tracking systems within Key Stage 3;
- have a desire to play a significant role in the further development of the English department.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1610 on roll, including 320 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways collaborating with other members of staff in order to develop their practice.
For an application form and information pack please contact Emma Tedstone at Little Heath School on 0118 9427337 or firstname.lastname@example.org Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher
Closing date: 24 September 2019
Interviews to be held: tbc
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk