Werneth School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students: the successful applicant will be subject to DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance.
OUR SCHOOL ….
Werneth School is an 11-16 comprehensive school in Stockport with over 1100 students of all abilities: we serve a wide range of student backgrounds and a supportive community. Housed in a purpose-built new building (opened November 2017) with new resources and interactive boards in every classroom, the school has been through a rapid period of change. Student numbers are increasing year-on-year and academic performance is improving. The school benefits from an exciting partnership with the Manchester United Foundation to raise aspiration in our students. This position is suitable for existing teaching assistants, HLTAs or other people with an interest in Mathematics. Ideally, you will be well placed to demonstrate some background in Mathematics to support the role, but a keenness to contribute, work with children and learn the skills working alongside teachers is key.
The school joined the Education Learning Trust in January 2021. This is based at Gatley Primary School. We are already benefiting from the collaborative work of a family of 5 schools, including another secondary school. The school has been working hard to implement a new quality curriculum, and has recently received an extremely positive external evaluation of its progress across all areas. Maths progress was highlighted in this report as positive and progressive.
Our offer to you ….
▪ A vibrant and supportive staff body who are proud of their school
▪ A comprehensive mix of students who have always been interested in History
▪ A welcoming school environment with excellent new resources and facilities.
▪ A focus across the school on developing a new, dynamic curriculum.
▪ Excellent CPD and support
▪ A headteacher and SLT who are committed to continual improvement, innovation and creative thinking. SLT are supported by enthusiastic and able leaders at all levels.
▪ A school with an ethos of inclusion and a commitment to know our children well
▪ A school with increasing student numbers year on year.
▪ A school with a purpose-built new (November 2017) building and resources
▪ Prospects for promotion are strong: the Heads of Maths and Science for example have both progressed from NQTs in the past 5 years. Head of Geography was new to the role, and has made a significant positive impact in 2 years at the school.
▪ A supportive Multi Academy Trust with a firm focus on collaborative learning, supporting school development and sharing good practice across schools in the Trust.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years